Language arts concentration
Davis® Math Mastery Program
Math computation and concept concentration
Davis® Attention Mastery Program
Davis® Reading Program for Young Learners
Foundational skills for reading development with parental participation commitment
Davis® Correction Programs utilize methods that match the individual’s learning style. Hands-on, three-dimensional, and creative activities guide the student to gain significant improvement in at least one academic skill, but often more. Their three-dimensional thinking abilities permit them to easily think “outside the box” to resolve and answer problems. Their thinking abilities go far beyond what is taught through worksheets and timed tests. The Davis® Programs won’t include: drill, repetitive, and computer-based exercises or use phonics, colored-overlays, or rote memorization. These address only the symptoms, not the root cause of Dyslexia.
Davis® programs are comprehensive, allowing the student to gain improvements in all areas of development. All program work with a student is conducted one-on-one with the facilitator allowing them to truly learn about the student.
Throughout the programs the students are given tools to assist them. The tools, techniques, and procedures are unique and differ from traditional classrooms so students finds these fun to do. Clay is one of the main mediums used, allowing the child to use natural strengths of creativity, artistry, and visual-spatial thought process. Clay provides the ability to create and explore experientially, their own 3-dimentional pictures for unclear or unknown words and concepts.
What to expect in a program
- Students will begin by learning how to focus and correct perception and disorientations.
- The student will then learn how to master the basic symbols for reading and writing by creating the alphabet and abstract words using clay.
- The student will learn to master words that have previously given them troubles and have triggered disorientations.
- They will learn skills and exercises along the way to help them in their studies.
- Consistent application of these skills will continue to build academic improvements and maximize success.
- The program is intensive, but fun, and presented in (typically) 5 consecutive days.
- Students resolve numerous confusions before the week’s end, allowing them to return to classroom the following week with new strategies and skills to better achieve academic success.
- Student will apply the skills at home based on activity schedule determined in Support Training.
- Students leave the program with the ability to focus attention at will, to regulate their energy, to recognize and eliminate disorientations as well as increased self-confidence and ability in reading, writing, or math.
- A typical program will provide for a significant improvement by the last day of the program. This is a literacy jumpstart.
- After the program the student will implement the tools into everyday life, as well as do Davis Symbol Mastery® follow-up on trigger words, which is necessary to ensure continued success with the program.
- Future progress is determined by the student’s motivation, continued use of tools, and completion of Symbol Mastery after the program.
Wondering if this program the right fit?
Begin with reading The Gift of Dyslexia, by Ronald D. Davis: Better understand the dyslexic learner (or visual-spatial) learner related to language arts or read The Gift of Learning, by Ronald D. Davis: Outlines dyslexic (or visual-spatial) learner and handwriting, math, and attention deficit issues.. By reading the first couple of chapters you will see if you relate to it and how it resonates with you.
Call 206-451-7102 to schedule an appointment. Assessment includes separate time with both the student and the parent(s) and determines needs, goals, and compatibility to a potential Davis ®program.
Professional services described as Davis®, Davis Dyslexia Correction®, Davis Symbol Mastery®, Davis Orientation Counseling®, and Davis Math Mastery® may only be provided by persons who are employed by a licensed Davis Specialist, or who are trained and licensed as Davis Facilitators by Davis Dyslexia Association International.